SEE develops bespoke workshops with schools to enable students to explore energy and interrelated sustainability concepts. We can help students to have a positive vision of their futures, their community and world they live in, and realise that they are an integral part of the solutions along that journey.
Energy Efficiency Consultancy
SEE offers a mix of analytical skills in the energy and sustainability sector combined with educational consultancy experience to help motivate students and staff alike. We provide bespoke information to each school to help them understand how they use their energy, which, together with input from their students and stakeholders, generates a roadmap of effective solutions. Not only will this reduce energy consumption significantly, but will also have the following benefits:
- Redirect the savings to other projects
- Reduce the school’s carbon footprint
- Encourage student participation and empowerment
- Create a better learning environment
- Raise student attainment
The following diagram shows how energy management can be split into project areas:
To provide the flexibility needed in different schools we are developing a network of experts and associates from both educational and commercial backgrounds.
- East Midlands universities with expertise and resources in energy, architecture, environment and science
- Renewable energy businesses to help educate about the technology and provide solutions to schools’ energy needs
- Technology businesses to provide a choice of solutions appropriate to the school to help reduce its energy impact
- Low-carbon businesses to engage with schools to develop the skillsets needed in this successful industry
- Funders with expertise to locate and apply for funding to support projects and activities.
Richard is a former Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor and will be happy to establish or enhance this sustainability programme which motivates students to live healthy and responsible lives with respect for the environment and a desire to protect it for future generations. We coach passionate students to reach their potential through this programme with the goal of making sustainability part of the school ethos.