Energy Audits provide a wealth of information
Why have one from School Energy Efficiency?
- Very positive feedback
- Provides a multitude of actions
- Clear information for decision-makers
- Engagement with students
- Experienced – over 150 organisations around the country
What does it involve?
- A walk-around survey using eyes and ears
- Thermal camera
- Light and temperature sensors
- Talking to site managers, staff and students
- Reviewing energy data
- Thermal report & energy report
What’s in the Report?
- Awareness, Behaviour & Empowerment
- Keeping the winter heat in, and summer heat out
- Heating, hot water and cooling
- Day / lighting that works
- Investment Options
What you can do with it
- It’s not overlong, so you can read it
- Share it with SLT, Site Manager and Governors
- Share with staff and students
- Decide what to do
- Plan projects around actions – be SMART
- Use it for evidence for funding bids
- Create your own Roadmap
What do schools say?
Everyone can make a difference